Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Oh to win a serger!

Sew, Mama, Sew! is giving away a beautiful Husqvarna Viking s21 Serger.
I have a serger and I would love to replace it! Actually, if I were to win... there is a sweet girl about 5 blocks away that just got married and she has sewn all through high school, she stopped by our house a while ago and saw my serger sitting out and asked what it was. So, I would bless her with my perfectly good, but older serger. I know she would appreciate and use it.

A new serger would help me while I'm working on things for my etsy store. I opened the store to create extra income when my husband was laid off this spring. I couldn't do it without a serger to finish the seams- what a difference it makes to have the right machine for the job!! My husband has found a job, not at all near his white collar profession and I have continued the shop and it helps by things that are a blessing to have, but I wouldn't spend the money on because it's not in the budget.

I love creating clothes for my kids by repurposing fabric and sheets found at yard sales and thrift stores.
Having a serger makes it possible for me to make quality items and with them I can barter for food, babysitting, etc. I've made pajama pants for a friend who makes kefir for us and I've made bibs and clothes for young moms who need a little extra help.
Having a new serger would just allow me to make more things and add more of those special touches to the things I do make.
It would make my life easier by giving more sewing options instead of 1 basic stitch.

PLUS! I'm Swedish, so if I get a Husqvarna I would be in heaven!

AND! All the men in my life would be extremely impressed because it says "Husqvarna" on it. (My husband laughed at me saying I wanted one- he thought they only made power tools!)

I am now off to make some book covers for my kids school books- thanks to Sew, Mama, Sew! I will be using my mom's serger, which I borrowed until I could get mine fixed.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails