Sunday, January 3, 2010

Kitchen drawer #3

So, I open the bottom drawer... my "rarely used utensil" drawer... and I see the steak knives our friends got us last year, because we kept having them over for BBQ and pulling out little paring knives. :-) Maybe I should take them out of the package.
Well, to do that, I need to clean out the eating utensil drawer, because that is where I want them.

Lets see... nut crackers... which I have never used, but you know as soon as I get rid of them someone will give us a bag of nuts, or I'll want to start eating apricot nuts... or something like that, I think I heard they were good for you... I'll put those in the "rarely used" drawer.

A couple paint brushes. I don't remember, but yes, I used them in cooking something.

I opened the knives... and then cut myself. Dork.

I don't think I need to keep washing plastic silverware. Again- Dork.


I had to pull the eating utensil drawer completely out, because it's broken. I decided to put the dry dishes away, well, the silverware and filled the drawer back up. Then, since it was out, I decided to try and fix it. Yes, it was that easy. I don't know why I'm so lazy as to not even look and see how the drawer broke. That look all of 1 minute to get a screwdriver and screw it in again, and Da-Dah! Now I have a working drawer. Whew! Glad that's over.














I didn't toss anything out of the rarely used drawer, I do use my cherry pitter, meat mallet and skewers... and yes, someday, the nut crackers. But hey, at least the steak knives are ready for our next BBQ!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails