Saturday, October 31, 2009

40 Day Challenge: Day 14

Perfectionism is my problem. I can't have it the way I want it, so I'm ready to give up trying. Flylady addresses that quite alot and it is so true!
Looking at the kitchen- I could have picked it up more, but I had wasted time watching TV and Brian was in the shower, he had been hunting all day and I wanted to spend time with him, so I did what I had to do and then joined him. I was annoyed with myself for leaving things out- it wouldn't have taken long to get them put away. I don't know why I pooped out earlier- Brian and Sean were checking where to go hunting the next day and I went and pouted (after all, his hunting gear was "all" over the living room and he had been gone all day and wasn't paying attention to me...) in the livingroom, reading a book, hoping to fall asleep. I should have been cleaning up. After a while Brian joined me on the couch and we watched "The Munsters". lol
But if I had cleaned while he was busy I would have gotten it all done. So then I was so annoyed with it all and I was ready to throw in the towel. I really wanted a pretty house before bed.

While I was stewing about all that, I realized that I shouldn't be so hard on myself. Yes, I allowed my emotions to take priority over my goals. But before calling it a night, I sat out the griddle and got a pancake batter ready to mix together. I set out everything they needed for breakfast so as not to make alot of noise in the kitchen at 4:30 AM. Titus and Naomi's room is right off the kitchen, I often wake them up while fixing breakfast.
And I did get up at 4:30 AM and sent my hunters (3 of them this year!) out with a nice hot breakfast of whole wheat pancakes.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails