Sunday, November 1, 2009

40 Day Challenge: Day 15

We had a busy halloween. When I was young we didn't celebrate Halloween. For a long time I went back and forth on whether to allow my children to do it. I remember as a child being so jealous that other kids got to dress up and make costumes. I had finally gotten to the point where I wasn't going to do Halloween. Then I met Brian. Brian wouldn't have cared either way, we looked into it, but his mom, who does not have a personal relationship with the Lord, made a comment about "those religious people who won't even let there kids dress up." I knew that if I was insistent about not doing Halloween, we would loose our witness with her. It wasn't worth it. So every year we make costumes and go Trick or Treating.
We went out in the afternoon and then came home for dinner and a movie- the boys sat and ate candy (their one time for the month of October). There was alot to clean up at 10 PM, but I did most of it. I would have washed all the dishes, but Titus started making noise, so I called it a night and thankfully he slept.

I read some of this book:


Chapter 5 is "Too Good To Be True: Freedom from the Bondage of Perfectionism"
"I think as wives and mothers, we have a tendency to fall into the trap of perfectionism rather easily. It starts with a very good and noble desire to set a godly example for our families, our fellow Christians, and the lost. But, before we know it, we start comparing ourselves to others and feeling we fall woefully short."

It was a really good chapter for me to read.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails